Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Pleasant Company Book! 

P.S. This one looks different!

SO! I recently got Molly's Evergreen Dress (and if you want to see her looking dapper please comment) for Christmas and it came with a book! The book is Pleasant Company 1986 First Edition. I already had a "first edition" of this same book so I got it out to see if they were different. Annnnnnnnd.......THEY WERE!
So look at this book cover. Nothin different huh? Well when you look at this other one next to it you can pick out some very odd things about the first one! (Hint, look at Molly's face, the present colors, and the front of her bodice.)

Do you see it?!?!?! If not proceed to the next picture.
OMG RIGHT?! The one on the left is the one I got for Christmas and the right one is one I already had! Look at these differences! 
 Here is the inside of the jacket for the one I got as a gift. It is in color!!
 Here is the inside of the one I already had. It is in black and white!
 Gift....
 Already owned....

 Top:Already owned
Bottom:Gift
And a little extra picture in the one I got as a gift!
Gift: OMG! And audio cassette tape! I have to get that! ;D

Now, if they both say Pleasant Company 1986 First Edition how do we know which one is truly older? Well, for those of you who are really into American Girl's history (such as myself) you will know that when AG first came out with Molly, Kirsten, and Samantha they each had only three books to their collections. Then, if you look at the backs of these books.....You will know.
 Left: Gift
Right: Already owned
 There's only three!!!!!
Now, *POOF*! There are six! and there are profiles of them instead of icons!
Also here is how they handled the introduction of more books. 
Awwwww.....So cute!

Soooooo.....I wonder which is older.....I think it's the gifted one. Another obvious reason for this is that there are no buttons on her dress in the one that was a gift, and for those in the know, at first, Molly's dress didn't have buttons then, in 1994 they added buttons. 
Thanks for reading! 

-Kate ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment